- Haaretz DailyAug 30 06:07 PM
The need to preempt Iran and export gas to Egypt was the reason the government gave to push through its controversial plan for Israel's natural gas. Now, this reason may no longer exist.
- EurActivAug 30 11:32 PM
Italian energy group Eni says it has found one of the world's largest natural gas fields off Egypt's coast. The company said the area was 1,450m (4,757 feet) beneath the surface and covered 100 sq km (39 sq miles). It could hold as much as 30 trillion cubic feet of gas, or 5.5 billion barrels of oil equivalent, Eni said. 30 trillion cubic feet is the equivalent of 850 billion cubic metres. In ...
- Washington PostAug 30 09:01 PM
The Islamist militant movement has been on the outs with Iran for years and is desperately seeking friends.
- The Wall Street JournalAug 26 12:09 PM
Egypt is negotiating to buy a pair of powerful warships that France originally built for Russia but refused to deliver because of the war in Ukraine, French officials said.
- AFP via Yahoo! NewsAug 02 12:25 PM
US Secretary of State John Kerry sought to assure Middle East allies Sunday that the Iran nuclear deal would make them safer, as he began a regional tour. Kerry met his Egyptian counterpart Sameh Shoukry to patch up troubled relations between the two countries with a pledge of support. Egypt and other regional states such as Saudi Arabia are suspicious of Iran, which they see as bent on ...
- Al-Ahram WeeklyAug 13 06:10 PM
For Egypt, the chief result of the agreement reached in Vienna between Iran and the leading Western powers is the legitimacy Iran has won as a regional power. It is no longer part of the “axis of evil” or a “pariah” state, but is instead a potential friend or ally of other countries.
- Reuters Middle East via Yahoo Maktoob NewsAug 30 07:42 AM
* Markets close well off intra-day highs * Dubai's DAMAC surges ahead of dividend vote * Potential U.S. interest rate hike delay also positive * DP World continues outperforming on Iran hopes * Egypt's Pioneers Holding surges further on strong Q2 By Olzhas Auyezov DUBAI, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Most Middle East stock markets rose but closed well off their intra-day highs on Sunday and some edged ...
- Los Angeles TimesAug 29 01:08 PM
Rights groups, media-freedom advocates, family members and supporters expressed dismay Saturday after an Egyptian court sentenced three journalists for the broadcaster Al Jazeera English to prison terms of at least three years.
- Reuters via Yahoo! NewsAug 26 05:59 AM
By John Irish and Cyril Altmeyer PARIS (Reuters) - France is in talks to sell two Mistral helicopter carriers to Egypt after their sale to Russia was cancelled earlier this month, two sources close to the matter said on Wednesday. Egypt's allies are also keen to burnish its image in a region beset by turmoil. "It's Egypt." The source said if there were a deal it would likely be financed in part...
- Reuters via Yahoo! FinanceAug 27 01:33 AM
DHAKA/NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Onion prices in Bangladesh have nearly doubled in the past month due to a shortage in top supplier India, forcing the neighbours to turn to imports from countries such as Egypt, Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The Trading Corporation of Bangladesh said on Wednesday it had sought 450 tonnes and could buy more. Also, India will examine bids on Thursday for a tender to ...