- WSOC-TV CharlotteMay 14 02:46 PM
Story highlights: Charlotte-based crew just one of four active units in U.S. Changes made following deadly 2012 crash Channel 9 became first media to ever be allowed to fly with crew From the skies in giant C- 130 planes, the Air National Guard saves lives and property. Only four units in the country do this dangerous work, and the 145th Airlift Wing based at Charlotte Douglas Airport is one of...
- Springfield News-SunMay 26 03:24 PM
Piece by piece, a C-17 Globemaster III trainer has arrived at Wright-Patterson in an unconventional way for the giant cargo jet. On Tuesday, the tail section of the trainer arrived on the back of a flatbed trailer and rolled through a base gate after a more than 2,000-mile highway journey that began at Joint Base San Antonio in Texas. Parts of the plane will be reassembled at the U.S. Air Force...
- Reuters via Yahoo! NewsMay 09 11:44 AM
Here are some details on the transporter, whose development represents Europe's largest single defense contract. OVERVIEW Europe's A400M Atlas was designed to exploit a gap between the Lockheed Martin C- 130 Hercules and the larger jet-powered Boeing C-17 Globemaster, both of which are older. Malaysia is the only export customer after South Africa canceled an order for eight in 2009.
- Arkansas Democrat-GazetteMay 28 01:36 AM
Col. Charles "Chip" Brown Jr. stood, smiling, in front of several hundred people at Little Rock Air Force Base on Wednesday as he received his first salute as commander of the base's primary unit.
- JalopnikMay 05 02:46 PM
This USAF Special Operations C-130 lands at an austere airstrip and a huge HIMARS Rocket Launcher rolls off its ramp. The C-130 takes back off and the rockets start flying. The way America’s air mobility capability can move big things to pretty much anywhere in the world on short notice is just mesmerizing. Read more...
- Sin Chew Jit PohApr 28 11:05 PM
PETALING JAYA, April 29 (Bernama) -- One hundred and four Malaysians onboard a C-130 RMAF aircraft who left Kathmandu, Nepal last night arrived at the Royal Malaysian Air Force (RMAF) base in Subang, here at 12.30am this morning.
- SG Press CentreApr 29 11:03 PM
1. Two Republic of Singapore Air Force (RSAF) C-130 aircraft returned from Nepal last night. Two more RSAF C-130 aircraft departed for Kathmandu this morning at about 5am and 11am respectively.
- SG Press CentreApr 28 06:36 PM
1. The Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) deployed two Republic of Singapore Air Force C-130 aircraft with an advance team of six personnel from the Changi Regional Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) Coordination Centre onboard to Nepal this evening.
- Rochester Democrat and ChronicleMay 24 07:44 AM
The support craft, a C-130 nicknamed "Fat Albert," put on a demonstration. The plane carries personnel from show to show, along with equipment and parts. The ride went from 2.4 G's - more than twice the force of gravity - to negative G's.
- Vancouver SunMay 26 06:29 AM
The 8,000 hazelnut trees that once stood on Agassiz’s Canadian Hazelnut farm have been reduced to mulch after they were infected with Eastern Filbert Blight, a fungus that has made its way north from Oregon.
- related to c 130