- Baltimore SunFeb 03 06:18 PM
The Orioles have signed Japanese left-handed reliever Hideki Okajima to a minor league deal, according to an industry source. The deal with Okajima, who turned 40 in December, does not include a major league spring training invitation. He will report to the Orioles' minor league camp in Sarasota,...
Lefty Okajima signs Minors deal with Orioles - Major League Baseball
- Boston HeraldFeb 04 01:14 PM
TOKYO — Free-agent outfielder Jonny Gomes has agreed to a one-year deal with the Rakuten Eagles of Japan's Pacific League. Pending the outcome of a physical, Gomes is expected to join the team this month at their spring training camp in Okinawa, a team official said. The team did not release financial terms of the deal. The 35-year-old Gomes has played with seven teams in Major League Baseball ...
Gomes Japan-bound with Golden Eagles deal - Major League Baseball
Jonny Gomes To Play In Japan In 2016 After Strug... - New England Sports Network
Former MLB outfielder Gomes signs with Rakuten E... - Fox Sports
- Boston Red SoxJan 29 07:09 PM
The next wave of Red Sox prospects had a strong showing on MLB.com's Top 100 Prospects list released on Friday, with Yoan Moncada, Rafael Devers, Andrew Benintendi and Anderson Espinoza all making the cut.
- WGN TV ChicagoFeb 04 07:52 AM
CHICAGO – Things might finally be coming full circle for “Thunder Matt” in the Windy City. In 2004 the Cubs acquired Matt Murton as part of the deal that brought Nomar Garciaparra to Chicago from the Red Sox. The General Manager at the time in Boston? Theo Epstein. Now 12 years after trading him away […]
- Major League BaseballFeb 04 08:12 AM
Matt Murton? Did you say Matt Murton? That Matt Murton? Sure enough, it looks like the Cubs are about to bring back the international sensation who got away, the friendly red-headed outfielder who has piled up line drives on both sides of the Pacific Ocean. The move was reported from sources in Japan on Wednesday night but has not been confirmed by the Cubs.
- ESPNFeb 03 02:45 PM
Gomes off to Japan after Royals' World Series run
- Major League BaseballFeb 03 09:12 PM
With some trade chatter and a number of quality players available on the free-agent market, Major League Baseball's rumor mill isn't showing any signs of slowing down with only two weeks until clubs report to Spring Training.
- AFP via Yahoo! NewsFeb 04 12:14 PM
- Jonny Gomes, a 13-season Major League Baseball outfielder who played on two of the past three World Series champions, has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Japan's Rakuten Eagles. The 35-year-old American was a free agent but unable to land a North American deal, setting the stage for his move to the Pacific League club. Gomes hit .213 last season while playing for the Atlanta Braves and...
- AFP via Yahoo! NewsFeb 04 11:01 AM
Jonny Gomes, a 13-season Major League Baseball outfielder who played on two of the past three World Series champions, has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with Japan's Rakuten Eagles. The 35-year-old American was a free agent but unable to land a North American deal, setting the stage for his move to the Pacific League club. Gomes hit .213 last season while playing for the Atlanta Braves and ...
- Marketwired via Yahoo! FinanceFeb 02 05:30 AM
Easton Baseball/Softball, a leading manufacturer of baseball and softball equipment, and a subsidiary of Performance Sports Group Ltd. , officially unveiled EASTON's first product offering for Japan at ...
- related to red sox japan