This global wealth study will make you weep: The most disturbing findings from Oxfam’s latest reportSalon.comJan 21 12:56 AM
The world's richest 62 billionaires have as much wealth as the poorest 3.6 billion. But wait, it gets so much worse
- Time MagazineJan 18 05:05 AM
A new Oxfam report shows that 62 people own as much as the poorest half of the world’s population
- The Daily ReckoningJan 17 07:36 PM
A new Oxfam report has highlighted the extent at which inequality continues to grow around the world. According to the advocacy group, just 62 individuals hold as much wealth as the poorest half of the globe. Shockingly, wealth concentration is well up over the past five years. In 2010, there were 388 individuals that owned more wealth than the poorest half of the world. Today, that figure is ...
- The HinduJan 21 01:11 PM
“I hope the Indian elite will behave much more responsibly [in paying more taxes] than the western elite did in the 20th century," the French economist tells “The Hindu”.
- EurActivJan 18 03:11 AM
Global inequality is growing, according to the latest report by Oxfam . The richest 1% of the world's population now owns more wealth than the other 99% combined.
- Zero HedgeJan 19 07:33 AM
Submitted by Claire Bernish via TheAntiMedia.org, Just 62 individuals now hold the same amount of wealth as 3.6 billion people , the bottom half of the entire planet — a shocking statistic made even more alarming when considering as recently as 2010, that same half of all wealth was held by 388 people. Now, 80 billionaires collectively hold over $2 trillion , while the bottom half has lost $1 ...
- PR Newswire via Yahoo! FinanceFeb 03 06:00 AM
NEW YORK, Feb. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- New survey data from BNY Mellon Investment Management, one of the world's largest investment managers, suggests that a lack of knowledge about the global bond market makes investors reluctant to invest in global fixed-income. In fact, 70% of retail investors do not hold any global fixed-income investments and 62% do not see global fixed-income as important...
- BBC NewsJan 17 04:07 PM
The richest 1% now has as much wealth as the rest of the world combined, according to Oxfam.
- The InquisitrFeb 04 05:13 AM
In an age of austerity and financial meltdown, where people are living hand to mouth and worrying how to keep a roof over their heads and feed their families, there’s only a few things that you can rely on to never change: one is death, the other is taxes, and the other is that the... Read more » Are The Rich Getting Richer? You Can Bet Your Bottom Dollar They Are is an article from: The ...
- The Huffington PostJan 22 09:24 AM
Global leaders will meet at the World Economic Forum this week to discuss how to improve the state of the world and address its most pressing challenges. There is much to talk about -- not least the global inequality crisis, which has come to the fore in recent years in the wake of the economic and financial crisis of 2008-2009. Inequality is growing at an alarming pace and poses a serious risk...